Sunday, July 26, 2009

Parent Talk

Although I think I'm one of the most patient dudes in the world outside of home; I seem to not have any patience whatsoever around my parents. I don't really know why that is. I'm always thankful for everything they've done for me and for working as hard as they did/do for me. I probably help around the house more than any of my brothers ... but somehow I just can't stand listening to my parents' stories or telling them about my life. It's weird because they would actually be pretty decent listeners. I kinda feel bad because I know they would love to talk to me more and hear about my life, or tell me about their day; but I just can't bring myself to talk to them outside of asking what's for dinner or helping with their computer questions.

Maybe I've just been at home too long. I'm sure once I move out and hardly see them, I'll have urges to come home and have some adult conversation with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment